Sunday 31 January 2016

ANALYSING FOUR BEST IMAGES SHOOT ONE AND TWO

I have chosen this image of Sam to be included in my four final images as I like the use of symmetry and also the use of props. It is clear in his body language that he is powerful and the imagery of the guitar highlights his profession in the music industry. Also, the lighting used is edge/split lighting which I will use in my final portraits as I think it is the most dramatic lighting technique and it fits the theme of my body of work completely. Due to this, I may need to use off-camera flash when shooting band members out of the studio due to the low lit settings and lack of natural lighting.

This next image, I feel, is a more natural image from this shoot due to it being candid. Yet also, once again, the use of edge/split lighting means it appears more dramatic (especially once edited in black and white) The guitar has a less prominent position in this image and appears more subtly which I think works effectively. I have used rule of thirds as my composition for this image which I think works effectively as it creates the right amount of negative space. I feel like this would be an effective type of portrait to shoot for my final body of work.

My final image I have chosen to represent this shoot I find fits the genre perfectly as it is less staged than the others and is more of an action candid shot. The compositional technique I have used is rule of thirds and the lighting appears more natural, with all of Sams features being highlighted. I think him looking at the guitar instead of the camera illustrates his love for music and the passion in this genre yet also how relaxed he seems to be when performing...a trait I would like to include in all of my shoots.

My first image I have selected for this shoot is similar to the last image in shoot one. I believe the candid images are more effective and therefore got Molly to be playing her guitar while I took photographs. Her eyes seem fixated on the guitar, once again, highlighting her focus in the music industry. I used symmetry as a compositional technique for this image and ensured I kept Molly central, this way all attention would be on her, much like in live shows.I have also once again used a more natural lighting technique so the shoot seems less staged and contains more verisimilitude.

My second image is extremely similar to the first, using the same lighting setup and method behind my shooting. Yet it uses a composition of rule of thirds in order to fit all of the guitar into the image and draw an audiences eyes to her hands.

For the next image I decided to shoot some close ups of the actual guitar Molly plays that could accompany a portrait. This shot is similar to images I will be capturing at concerts so using this image in my final four helps me to see how it will compliment the more basic images. The composition for this shot is rule of thirds. I think this compositional technique helps to frame the guitar setup well, focusing mainly on Molly's hands and also the base of the guitar. Once again, I kept the lighting natural to ensure it appeared more realistic.

The final image in my four best outcomes, I believe, is the weakest out of the four yet still a well structured image. Again, the composition used is rule of thirds in order to frame the shape of the guitar and ensure the key areas were drawn to the audiences attention (neck of the guitar, base of the guitar and Molly's facial expressions) I began experimenting with the lighting when I took this image and it has become a mix between split lighting and butterfly lighting, which I believe is less effective than a natural lighting setup.












No comments:

Post a Comment